AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a global organization providing cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to over 1, 500, 000 people in 43 countries. In Malawi, AHF is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH) to strengthen access to quality treatment for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI). AHF Malawi is providing these services in twenty five hard to reach health facilities in Dedza, Lilongwe, Ntcheu, Chikwawa and Nsanje Districts.
AHF Malawi wishes to recruit highly qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions to achieve its objectives in the country.
Regional Medical Officer
Position Title: Regional Medical Officer
Reports to: Medical Coordinator
Duty Station: Lilongwe (1)
Directly oversee all medical and prevention activities in AHF supported sites in Lilongwe, Dedza and Ntcheu districts. The incumbent will ensure provision of high quality HIV services and maintain quality standards of care for all patients through direct patient care, staff mentorship, supervision, and leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct medical care to children and adults living with HIV/AIDs, and is a referral point for other AHF staff and partners in managing complicated HIV cases and those with Advanced HIV diseases.
- Provide periodic comprehensive support supervision to AHF supported sites, focusing on quality improvement initiatives, adherence to national guidelines, policies and AHF standards.
- Implement quality management activities and quality benchmark monitoring. Facilitate quality assurance and quality improvement sessions.
- Strengthen and ensure that TB, HIV, HIV Prevention and ART services are delivered in an integrated service delivery model.
- Guide and support implementation of differentiated service delivery that focuses on decongestion, and streamlined patient flow in all sites, especially high volume sites, and coordinate time in motion surveys to monitor performance.
- Remains updated on current trends and standards in clinical management of HIV / AIDS and related illnesses, and ensure dissemination of the same to staff in AHF-supported health facilities in the region.
Leadership and Management:
- The Regional Medical Officer will oversee AHF medical operations in Lilongwe, Dedza and Ntcheu districts and will support the Medical Coordinator to deliver quality clinical services efficiently and effectively in the region.
- Provide technical support to prevention and treatment program leads in the region and ensure effective continuity of services to treatment and care program through well-established processes of patient linkages and service integration.
- He will lead in development of annual work plans and setting of annual targets for AHF supported sites within his/her region and support the team in achieving the same.
- Take lead in strengthening AHF’s visibility and presence within the region. Attend key technical partners’ meetings and provide feedback to management through the Medical Coordinator.
- Ensure that Continued Medical Education (CMEs) are conducted in all sites and participate in the facilitation of the CME sessions.
- Set performance targets for staff, conduct staff appraisal, disciplining and addressing complaints of employees under his / her supervision.
Qualifications, Experience, and other attributes
- Must be a Medical Doctor from a recognized institution and duly certified with Malawi Medical Council of Malawi. Additional qualification in health systems management or public health will be an added advantage.
- Five years’ experience in HIV/AIDS management. Three years’ experience in leadership, administration, and program management with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases.
- Experience in planning and budgeting is required.
- Experience in quality management and assurance practices is desired.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS.
- Must be able to travel and invest 50% of his staff time in rural sites.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to develop proposals, write abstracts and understand basic research concepts.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and cover letters to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly include your preferred duty station (where appropriate) in your application letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com