Bankers Association of Malawi (BAM)
BANKERS ASSOCIATION OF MALAWI
Applicants are invited from suitable candidates to fill a post of Project Manager.
About the Organization
The Bankers Association of Malawi (BAM) was founded in 1997 and is an umbrella body of all Commercial banks and Discount Houses in Malawi licensed under the Banking Act 1989 as repealed by the Banking Act 2010. The core focus of BAM is to lobby, advocate and champion industry development and innovation by coordinating the members and partnering with stakeholders on strategic initiatives. The Association advocates for a strong, competitive, and innovative banking industry that delivers excellent and equitable outcomes for customers.
About the job
The Project Manager’s role will be to specifically assist BAM and the banks manage the implementation of a Centralized Cash Processing Centre (CPC) and to ensure that the project is concluded as expected. Included in the role would be:
- Creating a clear and achievable project implementation plan in collaboration with the service providers.
- Providing regular feedback to stakeholders on progress, delays, concerns, and issues along with considered corrective action plans.
- Acting as the conduit for the service provider to the banks regarding this project and visa-versa.
- Managing time for both the service provider and the banks on specific requirements adherence throughout the project.
- Working with banks to facilitate the formulation of regulatory and policy guidelines regarding the operation of the CPC.
- Ensuring that the banks interests, requirements and expected outputs are maintained during the project.
- Ensuring systems implemented are compatible and follow the banks policies and industry regulations.
- Ensuring that the equipment bought is of the right specifications and in working order prior to GO LIVE.
- Ensuring that the service provider has competently trained personnel in positions by facilitating workshop and training sessions.
- Ensuring that the service provider is providing the banks value for money during the project, in both cash operations and security.
- Facilitating workshops to formulate and agree SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) and SLAs (Service Level Agreements) in line with the banks requirements.
- Facilitating RBM premise inspections of the CPC prior to GO LIVE.
- Facilitating test runs of each section, including security and reporting, prior to GO LIVE.
- Ensuring that the GO LIVE date is maintained
Requirements that would be beneficial to the role:
- Master’s Degree in any related field or a Bachelor’s Degree in either Commerce, Engineering, Banking, or Economics.
- Experience within a cash solution security company in Malawi and other countries for comparison.
- Understanding of the operational and security requirements of cash handling and cash processing.
- An understanding of the Malawian cash processing challenges and demonstrable experience to provide solutions to close gaps.
- Experience of the Malawian business culture and an understanding of how to manage local and international issues that may arise.
- Knowledge of cash processing hardware and software requirements.
- Project management experience in Malawi or other countries.
- Experience in project management, information systems and technology.
- Proficient in scrum and MS office.
- Project scheduling.
- Strategic planning and analysis.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Business development.
- Vendor management.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A cover letter providing written consent to be subjected to due diligence checks deemed necessary.
- A detailed CV with three contactable referees.
Address all Applications to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Bankers Association of Malawi
P. O Box 1359