AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a global organization providing cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to over 1, 500, 000 people in 43 countries. In Malawi, AHF is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH) to strengthen access to quality treatment for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI). AHF Malawi is providing these services in twenty five hard to reach health facilities in Dedza, Lilongwe, Ntcheu, Chikwawa and Nsanje Districts.
AHF Malawi wishes to recruit highly qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions to achieve its objectives in the country.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Reports to: Country Program Manager
Duty Stations: AHF Country Office – Lilongwe (1)
The position will oversee AHF Malawi monitoring and evaluation portfolio and will be responsible for development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, and tools that will ensure accurate, comprehensive, and timely information and feedback to stakeholders, and for planning and conducting of data quality assurance and monitoring activities and reports. The incumbent will in collaboration with the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation for AHF Africa Bureau occasionally liaise with AHF Global Data Management team in all monitoring and evaluation support activities, including quarterly, semiannual, and annual data management and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an effective result-based monitoring and evaluation system including tools and techniques for the Malawi program that are well integrated and within the AHF global data management systems and processes.
- Roll out and ensure full utilization of the country recommended Electronic Medical Records system in all AHF supported sites.
- Develop and project annual country and regional targets together with other portfolio heads for all program areas.
- Oversee and provide leadership, guidance, technical and administrative support to AHF Malawi program and support heads of departments in addressing data management needs and activities.
- Be self-driven and responsible for the program’s delivery targets, address all sorts of administrative and management troubles in consultation with the departmental heads and the Country Program Manager.
- Provide leadership and support staff in designing and implementation of operations research to generate evidence of impact of the program and sharing the same with AHF global leadership, policy makers, doors, government official and other stakeholders.
- Develop an overall program specific communication plan for documentation and sharing of best practices beyond the program reporting requirements.
- Develop plans and budgets for periodic data audit processes and data quality assessments for timely submission to the global data team.
- Support the AHF Malawi program in its dialogue with key partners at country level to ensure that the program’s monitoring and evaluation activities are integrated, meaningful and achievable.
- Oversee capacity building efforts for all staff and partners in all aspects of AHF monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Manage standardization of all data collection tools and methodologies across implementing partners and sites within the program
- Collaboratively build a data use and learning culture on the Malawi team, using participatory data reviews, to institutionalize evidence-driven decision making.
- Directly supervise monitoring and evaluation officers and manage indirect supervisees within departments including data officers and data clerks.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, and other attributes
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or other related fields from a recognized university with more than 3 years’ experience in a field directly related to HIV/AIDS and specified responsibilities.
- Experience working in healthcare delivery systems.
- Flexible, proactive, and able to organize work independently as well as work in a team.
- Demonstrated experience leading statistical analyses and reporting results to leadership through presentations and reports.
- Proficiency using software’s for data cleaning, pivot tables, basic formulas, descriptive statistics, data visualization.
- Demonstrated experience using statistical analysis software’s.
- Sensitivity to patient population and issues surrounding HIV/AIDS.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
- Be a strategic thinker, have good organizational and planning skills and ability to prioritize tasks and work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and cover letters to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com.
Closing time and date for receiving applications is 12:00 noon on 04th March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly include your preferred duty station (where appropriate) in your application letter.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org