Partners In Health (PIH)
Partners in Health (PIH) is a non-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service
delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH has programs in
Haiti, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Kazakhstan and Boston.
PIH began working in Malawi in 2007, where today we support the Ministry of Health (MOH) to serve a catchment area of 165,000 through 12 health centers and two hospitals in partnership with our sister organizations. Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (APZU) is in Neno District.
We therefore seek to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following position:
Position : Graphic Designer
Reports to : Communications Specialist
Commitment : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Working Hours : Regular Office Hours (40Hrs/Week)
Location : Neno Boma
The graphic designer is a critical member of the APZU communications team and supports the work of PIH by creating high-quality marketing, communications, and development materials for both print and web. With guidance from the Communication Specialist,
the designer works closely with APZU M&E Team and project teams, global marketing and communications colleagues and the development team to develop original graphic pieces that support activities and goals surrounding ongoing donor engagement and stewardship.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creatively design information, education and communication (IEC) materials to profile the organization and support global fundraising efforts following engagement priorities set by the APZU communication department. These include monthly newsletters, quarterly and annual reports, brochures, invitations, pamphlets, posters and presentations geared toward donor and partner audiences among others
- Support projects and departments with creative designs for key periodic documents such as monthly reports, newsletters, quarterly and annual reports, one pager profiles etc.
- Design and prepare IEC materials to support digital platforms, web and social media content, email graphics and PowerPoint presentations
- Ensure consistency of brand, messaging, and contribute to the growing library of templates and guidelines for global creative collaboration.
- Create easy to digest infographics, graphs, and charts for both academic and general audiences
- Collaborate and brainstorm for creative solutions with national and global teams through periodic and ad hoc meetings.
- Attend bi-weekly global communication meetings and represent APZU Malawi communication team where necessary
- Provide editorial skills on communication related documents
- Orient APZU staff on the best way of developing concepts for IEC materials and how printing works
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT or Mass Communication
- At least 3 years of experience in graphic design from a reputable organization or company
- Experience in working on design projects related to development work is a plus
- Proven design skills in both print and digital media.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, but also CorelDraw
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs
- Illustration and infographic experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines.
- Interest and knowledge of new and emerging design trends and best practices
- Interest to learn new skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to express oneself and collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments
- Knowledge/interest in global health is a plus
- A commitment to social justice
Benefits & Remuneration
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified and interested persons should apply to the address below, enclosing their cover letter; copies of relevant certificates and curriculum vitae indicating three names of traceable referees with valid telephone numbers and email addresses not later than Wednesday, 2nd November, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Director of Human Resources
Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU)
P.O. Box 56
P.O. Box 1774
NB: Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU) is is an equal opportunity employer, so, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, tribe, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment.
Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU) is committed to safeguarding staff, children and communities with whom we work. We are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks.
The Organisation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to make a payment at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.