Malawi Confederation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (MCCCI)
The Malawi Confederation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (MCCCI) is an apex business association with membership from all sectors of the Malawi economy. The Confederation’s mission is to serve the needs of its members through representation and provision of high value services and its vision is, to be an institution that creates and delivers value to our members throughout the country as we respond to their existing and emerging needs.
The Confederation would like to invite applications from suitably qualified and competitive candidates to fill the following vacancies that have arisen within its establishment.
DIRECTOR, MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
The Director, Membership Development, is responsible for leading the implementation of the Confederation’s strategic direction in membership development, events organisation and management, information provision, and communication with the Confederation’s stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies for membership recruitment and retention, business linkages, events organisation and management, and communication with stakeholders and oversee and be accountable for their implementation;
- Generate leads from the business population and convert them into members of the Confederation.
- Develop and implement strategies for strengthening relationship with existing members.
- Analyse existing membership database to understand and uncover business needs, trends and opportunities for serving members better and developing new products for them.
- Monitor industry and market trends impacting membership development and develop and implement appropriate strategies to utilize emerging opportunities.
- Review and recommend changes in membership benefits in line with emerging needs and challenges.
- Implement business linkage programs for members with suppliers, financial institutions, technology suppliers, product and service markets, and joint venture partners.
- Provide support to the Directorate’s staff in attaining set targets, among others through coaching, mentoring and training, and be accountable for their performance.
Qualifications, Skills, Competences, Knowledge and Attributes
- Master Degree degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, with at least 10 years management level experience in a private sector setting;
- Strong leadership, organisational and implementation skills that led to proven and traceable achievement of results
- Top notch communicator, both orally and in writing
- Strong social capital base for relationship development and building with customers, members and other stakeholders
- Adaptable and positive approach to work and team members.
Mode of Application
MCCCI offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with qualifications, skills, experience and proven positive attitude of the candidate on the one hand, and the demands of the job on the other hand. ONLY those who meet the minimum qualification criteria specified under each position above should apply.
Applications must be accompanied by Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees and copies of certificates, and be sent to The Chief Executive, Malawi Confederation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry ONLY through the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job being applied for in the SUBJECT line.