Microloan Foundation (Malawi) Limited is searching for an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with impeccable integrity and extreme attention to detail to become the
primary architect and steward of its Finance function. The role includes the development and transparent execution of a financial strategy, appropriate and timely reporting of performance metrics tied to MICROLOAN’s overall strategic imperatives, and the ongoing monitoring and development of control systems designed to preserve the company’s financial and other assets. The incumbent must leverage excellent data analysis, budgeting, forecasting, risk management, and resource management skills in order to optimize financial performance and guarantee the company’s long-term sustainability.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Monitor MICROLOAN’s financial performance by optimizing the use of financial resources, measuring and analyzing results against plans, initiating corrective actions where necessary, and minimizing the impact of variances;
- Provide specific strategic financial advice and analyses to Executive Management and the Board in relation to proposed programmes, projects and initiatives, particularly in relation to financial risks and implications, and commercial considerations;
- Revise and/or implement adequate internal systems, controls, processes, and procedures to ensure the integrity, accuracy, compliance, and usefulness of financial information and reporting;
- Collaborate across MICROLOAN’s multiple business units and provide data driven strategic insights to develop new products, advise on scaling priorities, develop new
delivery channels or align policies and procedures to industry best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Auditing and/or
- Full professional accreditation from an accounting professional body such as ACCA;
- Registered member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi
- 8+ years of progressive responsibilities within Accounting/Finance functional areas, including at least 5 years of management experience;
- The ability to meet all fit and proper criteria for the role as outlined by the Reserve Bank;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and cloud-based accounting software such as Xero.
To express an interest in this role, qualified candidates are required to submit an updated CV along with a brief cover letter detailing how they meet the above requirements to contact@ mlf.org.uk with “Chief Financial Officer Job” in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.