JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
Reporting to: Finance Manager
WHAT THIS POSITION IS ABOUT – PURPOSE
The position is responsible for performing accounts payable processes and activities accurately and efficiently and in compliance with accounts payable and purchasing and invoicing policy and procedures as per the assigned vendor portfolio.
WHAT WILL YOU DO – RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submission of Invoice transactions processing.
- Perform vendor reconciliations to suppler statement and review open items on a regular basis
- Coordinate withholding tax activities, master data changes and accuracy on deductions.
- Pre-check daily local vendor payment run and coordinate resolution of all issues encountered.
- Execute baseline internal controls relating to accounts payable and ensure evidence of execution is appropriately retained.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR – REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Diploma in Accounting with vast experience in accounting. Those with degrees have added advantage.
- Relevant accounting experience in a busy and reputable company.
- Good working knowledge of accounting packages, and knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Competent in computer skills (MS Office, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Good verbal and written English proficiency.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS – THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.We will make sure every candidate will receive a reply within 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
Should you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Paul Kafakoma – Recruiter (Paul.Kafakoma2@jti.com).