INVITATION FOR FOR BIDS (IFB) FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF DOUBLE CABIN AND SALOON MOTOR VEHICLES AND MOTOR CYCLE BY NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING (NCB)
- The Malawi Bureau of Standards (MBS) is a statutory organization established in 1972 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 51:02) with a mandate to promote standardization of commodities and of their manufacture, production, processing or treatment, and to provide for the verification and calibration of weighing and measuring instruments; and further to provide for matter incidental to, or connected with standardization.
- The Malawi Bureau of Standards now invites salad bids from eligible bidders for the procurement of motor vehicle and motor cycle indicated below:
|No.||Description of Item||Quantity||Reference number||Delivery Period|
|Lot 1||Supply and delivery of 4 x 4 double cabin motor vehicles||2||MBS/IPC/MV/18/02||6 Weeks|
|Lot 2||Supply and delivery of saloon motor vehicle||1||MBS/IPC/MV/18/02||6 Weeks|
|Lot 3||Supply and delivery of motor cycle||1||MBS/IPC/MV/18/02||6 Weeks|
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open tendering procedures contained in the Public Procurement Act 2003 And Regulations of the Government of the Republic of Malawi and is open to all eligible bidders.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Malawi Bureau Of Standards, Moirs Road, P. O. Box 946, Blantyre and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below at 7 (a) from 08:00 to 16:00hrs local time from Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders upon a payment of a non-refundable fee MK5, 000.00. The method of payment is strictly cash or bank certified cheque. The document will have to be collected in person and no liability will be accepted for the loss or late delivery.
- (a) Bids must be delivered to the address below at 6 (b) at or before 14:30 local time on Thursday, 26th April 2018. The bid security for the tender for supply and delivery of motor vehicles and motor cycle is MK 300,000.00.
(b) Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders and /or their representatives and members of the general public who choose to attend the opening of the bids at 14:30 hours local time on Thursday, 26th April, 2018.
- (a) the address for inspection and purchasing of bidding documents is:
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P. O. Box 946
(b) The address for delivery and submission of bids is:
Internal Procurement Committee
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P.O. Box 946
- It is the responsibility of each bidder to insure that bids are submitted in accordance with instructions to bidders in the bidding documents, as non compliance to the instructions will lead to disqualification and rejection of the bid.
- Bids in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the appropriate tender description as the case may be should be deposited in a tender box placed at the Malawi bureau of standards main reception addressed to the address at 7(b) above.
- Bids shall remain valid for a period of 90 days after bid opening.
- Malawi bureau of standards does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any bid, but reserves the right to exercise choice of the substantially responsive bid, provided that the bidder id determined to be qualified to perform the contract.
News Paper: The Nation
Company Name: MALAWI BUREAU OF STANDARDS
Closing Date: 2018-04-26
News Paper Date : 2018-03-22