NOTE: This position is open to Malawi nationals ONLY.
Ascent Soccer are looking for an aspiring sports scientist to enthusiastically assist with the development of sports science provisions at the football academy for an initial 12 months as part of a fully-mentored, full-time internship in partnership with equitysport .
The internship is designed to provide the successful candidate with a bridge from study to applied practice and would suit someone truly passionate about embarking on a career in sports science within football. Successful interns in the programme have previously gone on to secure employed positions with the Academy and with other sports organisations, including with national governing bodies in the region.
Whilst a hugely worthwhile and rewarding endeavour, an internship can at times, be confronting and challenging – the intensive 12-month process is designed to provide aspiring practitioners the opportunities and required support to develop and enhance the professional and personal skills required to forge a high-level career in sport.
Throughout the internship, the successful candidate will be encouraged to set their sights and personal standards high; our staff often start early, work long hours and make considerable personal sacrifices to help our young scholars realise their potential. The successful candidate will be mentored by a group of coaches and practitioners from across the sporting world both in-person and remotely, all of whom have worked at the very highest levels of international sport.
Whilst we are proud of our supportive, balanced and loyal working environment, we are aware that our internships demand a high level of personal commitment in order to be successful – it is not a role for everyone.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering sports science support services to football scholars and coaches;
- Assisting with the development, delivery and monitoring of sport science support services and systems in the fields of sport science, athletic development, sports nutrition and sports medicine;
- Ensuring that the services delivered to Ascent Soccer are locally-driven, sustainable and relevant to the environment.
- Acting as a representative of both Ascent Soccer and equity sport by promoting and embodying the key values and guiding principles of the two organisations.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in a related discipline (Sports Science, Sports Studies, Physiology, Human Biology)
- First aid certification or related training course.
- Demonstrable commitment to informal learning in the field.
- Soccer coaching.
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
– cover letter
– curriculum vitae
– academic transcript
– short video introducing yourself and why you think you’d be a great fit for the role on Whats-app to +265998943680.
Applications that do not include an introductory video will most likely be discarded. Successful candidates in our recruitment process are often the applicants that can communicate their understanding of the specific role on offer, cite examples of how their background and experience fits the role and demonstrate their drive to achieve in the field.