Mzuzu University is Malawi’s Second Public University established under the Mzuzu University Act No. 12 of 1997. The University is a dual mode public institution and hence has face-to face and open, distance and e-learning (ODeL) students. Mzuzu University also offers some of its programmes on block, week-end and vacation releases and through collaborations with international partners. The non-full time modes constitute innovative approaches in expanding access and meeting the needs of Malawians especially the youth. There are six Faculties: Education; Environmental Sciences; Health Sciences; Hospitality, Tourism and Management; Humanities and Social Sciences; and Science, Technology and Innovations.
The mission of the University is to provide high quality education, training, research, outreach and complementary services to meet the technological, social and economic needs of individuals and communities in Malawi and the World.
- To teach and assess undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- To develop and teach new courses, including postgraduate courses, as may be required
- To supervise undergraduate and postgraduate projects including research;
- To actively participate in scholarly activities such as research and Publication;
- To serve on University Committees to which they may be appointed; and
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required and assigned by their Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or Management.
Candidates must have a PhD or Master’s Degree plus/or a Bachelor’s degree with at least upper second class or credit in Defence and Security Studies or any security-related field obtained from a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning. Candidates should have a solid background in at least three of the following areas: Civil-Military Relations, National and Regional Security architectures, Security Sector Reforms and Governance, Arms Control and Non Proliferation, National Intelligence and Counter-terrorism.
- Progressive knowledge in the subject areas for those applying for Lecturer position and above;
- Demonstrable commitment to academic excellence in teaching and research;
- Evidence of scholarly publications in peer-reviewed sources for candidates applying for the position of at least Senior Lecturer grade.
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
Good communication skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet given deadlines.
The application should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional qualifications as well as names and contact details of three traceable referees. The job title should be indicated on the envelope and
Private Bag 201
Electronic submission of the application should be sent as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to . The subject line of the application should show the position being applied for.
To reach the University not later than Friday, 5th February 2021 Note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit mzuni.ac.mw.