We are looking for a self-motivated Librarian to join our team.
As a Librarian, you will perform a range of duties such as cataloging library resources, maintaining library records, managing budgets and planning book purchase.
For this position, you will have to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, as a great part of your job will involve interacting with the local community including parents, students and young people.
The ideal candidate should also possess in-depth knowledge of library data base systems, computer knowledge in microsoft word, excel etc. as well as excellent communication and organizational skills
The successful candidate will perform among other duties:
- Collecting and cataloging library resources including books, films and publications.
- Help people to locate references and leisure reading materials.
- Maintain library records and ensure it is updated.
- Perform regular records of the information and inventory on records.
- Educate patrons on how to properly search for information using the library database.
- Managing budgets, preparing estimates for the department ready for approval by the school management.
- Oversee the checkout process for books and other resources materials
- Clarify the use of library amenities and provide information about library policies
- Organize and host book sales, purchase, author signings and other reading events
- Make sure the library meet the needs of precise groups of users including alumni and disabled student
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Computer knowledge on Microsoft Word and Excel
- AGE RANGE: Between 20-30 years old
The Head Teacher
Namitembo Community Day Secondary School
Private Bag 2
CONTACT: +265 884 655 978/ +265 999 249 629.
Females with relevant qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Oral Interviews.