Chipatala Cha Pa Foni (CCPF) is a mHealth innovation developed by VillageReach Malawi, which offers a 24 hour toll free health service. VillageReach transitioned CCPF to the Ministry of Health on July 1, 2019 and is currently supporting the Ministry of Health recruit additional hotline workers. In response to the rapid need to increase hotline staff due to COVID-19, 35 temporary staff will be hired directly by VillageReach and funded by GIZ. CCPF is searching for qualified and energetic individuals to fill the position of Hotline Worker/Nurse (Certified health care professionals. Fluent Tumbuka and Yao Speakers will have added advantage). Based in Lilongwe, the Hotline Worker/Nurse will work closely with the Hotline Supervisor in providing relevant health information and
advice to callers to address the lack of access to timely and appropriate health information and advice that rural communities face.
- Follow a computer-based program to provide accurate, up-to-date information to callers on general health and nutrition.
- Refer callers to appropriate resources.
- Conduct follow-up calls to callers who were referred for further services.
- Collect accurate data about calls and callers.
- Identify cases for publication.
- Participate and present at weekly Hotline review meetings.
- Work shifts scheduled by supervisor.
- Attend regular debriefing sessions.
- Report to the supervisor any hotline technical hiccups experienced and measures already taken to resolve the issue.
- Contribute to Innovative ideas that can be improved on and adopted by VillageReach.
- Be a team player at all times and ensure that you actively contribute to team building.
- Document any emerging issues from the callers’ interactions to facilitate further learning.
- Take an active role in improving your own performance by seriously adhering to performance improvement practices.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the authorities within this sphere of work.
- At least a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery Technician
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant hands on experience
- Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives council of Malawi. Certificates required for employment.
- Fluency in English and Chichewa, Tumbuka and or Yao will be an added advantage ;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated understanding of public health challenges in rural, underserved and low-income communities, particularly in Malawi;
- This position is only open to Malawi citizens.