Fiscal and Procurement Oversight (FPO) for the Health Services Joint Fund (HSJF) is a programme funded by the German Federal Government through KfW, aiming to provide oversight to a US$20-30M per year donor pooled fund. HSJF funds activities at approximately 35 cost centres across Malawi dealing with 5,000 invoices per year in foreign currency and Malawi Kwachas. This programme will oversight and authorisation for all payments made by the HSJF. This will include applying ex-post and ex-ante controls to payments, preparing annual budgets, accounting and reporting to contributing donors (UK FCDO, Norwegian Aid, and KfW). In addition, it will provide technical assistance to the Malawian Ministry of Health internal Audit Unit. It will also review procurement procedures prior to all contract awards, providing oversight to all projects funded by HSJF, review HSJF procurement plans and provide technical assistance to procuring entities.
The Fiscal Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Senior Fiscal Oversight Expert and Team Leader to provide oversight of the HSJF’s disbursements. The Specialist will provide support in ensuring the HSJF expenditure are disbursed and accounted in accordance with the HSJF Fiscal Accountability Plan and applicable legislation and accounting standards.
The Fiscal Specialist will, among other things:
- Contribute to high-quality fiscal-related deliverables
- Support the preparation of annual budgets in support to the MoH, including conducting regular budget variance analysis, and the subsequent updating of budgets, work-plans and cash flows.
- Coordinate the successful implementation of ex-ante and ex-post controls, ensuring verification, approval and co-signature of necessary commitment documents
- Track all payments to ensure they are transparent, timely and thoroughly reviewed in line with work-plan and budget documentation
- Support the review and analysis of invoices and receipts as part of HSJF payment disbursement
- Bachelor’ degree in accounting, or similar field, as applicable to role
- Five years of experience practicing accounting management in Eastern, Southern or Central Africa
- Previous experience as a specialist in a fiscal oversight agent capacity with a minimum duration of three years, or similar experience
- Proven record of working on health financing and governance projects
- Familiarity with KfW programming preferred
- Experience working in Malawi preferred
- Fluency in English
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key requirements as outlined in the advert and in the Terms of Reference available to download from the Vacancy Page (View Position Description)
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please note, the role is subject to contract’s award.
To apply for this job please visit jtai.turborecruit.com.au